Tuesday 18 November 2008

Engulfed

Sorry everybody - engulfed in a NigeCorp work tsunami again, and I fear there's more to come. Oh to escape the Corp's clutches and have a life... But I need the money. Which puts me in mind of this poem by John Davidson, an all but forgotten precursor of modernism. Eliot thought highly of him. Thirty Bob A Week, adjusted for inflation, seems an apt tract for the times about to come, just as this was for the times just gone. And we fall face forward fighting on the deck...

8 comments:

  1. Crivens Nige, Scottish sackcloth and ashes, ideal in todays soup kitchen atmosphere.
    Just a smidgen to cheer you up as you slave over an excessively bulging order book, if push comes to shove at least 6000 Londoners can get on their bikes and look for work.
    Good man Boris

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I said take double the dose, I was only kidding. You are back at work, but it sounds like some permanent damage could have been done. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join the club, Nige, but be thankful you work for NigeCorp. There are far worse places you could work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your head above the water, Nige, and remember to kick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed Susan - against the pricks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a good phrase, Nige, as my run of bad luck continues. I've pulled my groin and I'm in agony. Kicking is out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I suggest a double dose of Night Nurse (bottle, not capsules) Dick, prescribed by me recently for Nige Corp's hot flushes and, on recent evidence, did the trick. By the second round of four level teaspoons, the pain in your groin will be but a distant memory, and will be replaced by a warm glow that will infuse most of the area, down to just above knee level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for that, Mahlerman. I will give it a try as I'm in an even more pitiful condition tonight after falling into a ditch... I really can't make this stuff up.

    ReplyDelete