Sunday 25 July 2010

Chalkhill Blues


Well I woke up this mornin'
Butterflies on my mind.
Yeah I woke up this mornin'
With butterflies on my mind.
Had to get me to them chalkhills
An' see what I could find.

I got those chalkhill blues,
Buggin' me both night and day.
I got those chalkhill blues,
They're a buggin' me night and day.
Got to get me to them chalkhills
An' chase those blues away.

Well I went down to the chalkhills,
I had no time to lose.
Yeah I went down to the chalkhills,
You know I had no time to lose.
But when I got me to them chalkhills,
All I found was blues.

I got those chalkhill blues,
etc, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Lol, that's great. I've never seen one of these although I'm not sure I like the look of whatever they are settled on in the picture. It might be literally BS. Must get my skates on then and find a local place as it's nearly August already. Maybe if I just stand in a field and sing them some Delta Blues, butterfly-whisperer style, they will arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, brilliant, thanks for cheering my NZ Monday morning on your Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you got the Silver-studded Blues, you just ain't paid them dues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, there's really much effective info here!

    ReplyDelete