Monday 6 January 2020

Deja Zoo

Yesterday we all visited Wellington Zoo again.
I wrote about these attractively sited zoological gardens four years ago, on my first New Zealand visit. Here's the link:

https://nigeness.blogspot.com/2016/01/to-zoo.html

The difference this time was that the weather was cold and grey, and I had acquired the lobster colouring a couple of days earlier, when the sun was shining and I had rashly gone for a swim without first anointing myself. The sun is still fierce here, though on the afternoon of our arrival it was no more than a dull flat disc of orange-red in a grey-green sky – an effect caused by the pall of smoke from the Australian bush fires.
Today was sunny again, and I had a little game of soft-ball cricket with the grandsons. Their first (and more than a little misleading) taste of the great game...

No comments:

Post a Comment