Thursday 8 April 2010

Controversial

The media have been doing their best to hush it up, but apparently there's a general election campaign on - remember, you read it here first. Naturally, I shall be keeping my head down for the duration, but you are probably wondering, given Old Nige's uncanny knack for predicting such things, what the outcome will be. Actually, so am I. Mrs Nige, unnervingly, is convinced there will be a Brown victory. As she also has an uncanny knack for predicting such things, this is worrying, but I console myself that she is also a natural born pessimist. So far, Dave has already found himself aligned, by happy chance, with Gene Hunt and Michael Caine - this I take as a sign that fortune favours him and the wind is in his sails. I predict a narrow victory for his lot. Controversial eh? And now I shall return to more congenial subjects...

6 comments:

  1. I agree. I've got him down for a 19 seat majority and will win a tenner if I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll vote for whoever promises to hang Mr Blair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the advantages of being over here is that I don't have to hear or care about such things - still, based on very little knowledge and my natural born optimism I shall go for a narrow Cameron victory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Kate - and Dick. If all 3 of us agree, we've got to be right! Dearieme - I don't think Bin Laden's standing (tho it might be an idea to check)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least there's slightly less media coverage than there was of Obama-McCain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved watching Clegg's whistlestop tour of the UK by private jet and premier class battle bus. Sheer wastefulness at its very finest.

    ReplyDelete