Friday 8 May 2015

Disappointed

Well, I don't mind admitting I'm disappointed - not by the election result, of course, which confirmed Old Nige's Prognostick (as such things generally do) - but with the Britain's National Bird vote. I'd been hoping to find that our national bird had been named today, but no - seems I misread the original story: Election Day was the day voting closed on this vital national issue, not the day the result would be announced (and it could be close, according to this source). We'll  have to wait until June, whistling softly to ourselves and shifting from foot to foot...

2 comments:

  1. Joey Joe Joe Jr.8 May 2015 at 17:02

    "I still hold out the hope that the pundits are all going to be wrong, a la 1992. As Charlie Drake and Peter Gabriel put it, You never know..." Nige 28 April 2015 at 11:39

    You could have saved Lord Ashcroft a bob or two Nige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, tho I was surprised Dave won by a clear margin.

    ReplyDelete