Tuesday 19 August 2014

Maybe this time...

Regular readers will know of my penchant for that most elegant form of gentleman's neckwear, the cravat (search 'cravat' on this blog and you'll see what I mean). For some while I've been forlornly trying to spark a cravat revival, and kidding myself at intervals that it is finally under way. Well, now the revival has the force of the mighty BBC News website behind it, to say nothing of  light entertainment legend Nicholas Parsons. Yes indeed - 'the world's first Nicholas Parsons-driven fashion revolution is surely under way'. Let's hope so...

5 comments:

  1. I once thought that way too Guy - until I saw the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Borderline Nige, young Freeman's effort, more cockney neck wear than cravat. I await, with bated breath, the return of the proper cravat, the Tootal, then my cup will runeth over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would make me feel too august and venerable (and slightly too right wing), sentiments which I usually try to avoid. Kutchner doesn't look bad with one in a collarless grandad shirt but collar + cravat - don't think so. Each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Malty - they're using a v loose definition of cravat here. Nicholas Parsons remains the beau ideal, closely followed by Charles Collingwood. By the way my favourite cravat is by Tootal of New Zealand, a gift from my daughter.
    Guy - it is not possible to be too august, venerable or right wing.

    ReplyDelete