Wednesday 20 August 2008

I Believe It's Called an Oxymoron...

While the nation stumbles around, glazed and stunned and wholly incapable of getting to grips with the fact that suddenly we're winning lots of medals at the Olympics, the guys who run the various sports keep coming up with ever more bizarre explanations. Today, it was the cycling boss, and he put his team's success down to their new philosophy of being 'compassionately ruthless'. Well, that's nonsensically sensible, I must say.
By the way, I had my first Azor shave this morning. It was good, eerily good, a compassionately ruthless shave...

3 comments:

  1. Gentle-seeming, compassionate, beautiful, sensual and affectionate though I am, Nige, I can also be totally ruthless...

    (hope that helps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you, Selena. Those heels look compassionately ruthless to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about 'intrinsically he's an outsider and it's beyond his remit'
    I noticed on the noos the appearance of Tone, saviour of the nation, what's he after, claiming 'it woz me wot dun it' no doubt.

    ReplyDelete